I’d like to thank the Academy…
Award season is upon us. And apparently it’s not just the movie moguls dishing out awards, the lovely lads over at Ross vs Ross are sending them in my direction too!
I don’t know the full story of the “Kreativ Blogger Award.” It seems to be a kind of chain letter of back slapping for bloggers, but it’s always fun to have people write nice things about you and I don’t want to be the one to break the rules, so here they are, (strategically nicked from the Rosses themselves)
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name seven things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate seven Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Here we go then….
Thank you Ross McG. Thank you Ross McD. I don’t know which of you decided to put me on your list but I love you both for it and the nice things you said about me. You should all go and read their blog here
And there’s the logo. Cute innit? I learn from Carol that the original was “handmade from fabric scraps by a very creative Norwegian lady named Hulda.” So that’s nice.
As for linking to the Rosses. Well I’ve done that already.
7 interesting things about myself….right then….
- I am a middle child. People have a worrying tendency of being able to guess that fact
- I am one of 4 members of the formidable Lego Fanclub pub quiz team. We were unbeaten in sixth place for many a season.
- I play the saxophone. In the sense that I taught myself how to tame incoherent honking into slightly more ordered honking. I should probably take a few lessons…
- Last year I saw The Killers live for free, and I plan to do something very similar again this Summer.
- I have a ginger haired troll named Gary who was bought for me as a joke. He lives on top of my wardrobe and generally creeps everybody out.
- I’ve been in 3 Operas and plan to be in another 5.
- I can juggle. Oh yeah.
On with the nominations. Let the gushing begin.
- I’ll start with the gents who began this. Ross vs Ross. For starters it’s a great idea for a blog. Two guys with the same name argue about which movie is better out of a similar pair. It’s such a good idea I’ve stolen it for my own blog before and probably will again. Until today I was under the impression their page had been up and running for much longer than mine, which shows how good it is and they always manage to make me laugh.
- Faded Glamour. Winning enough awards of his own, Saam probably doesn’t need this one. But he’s gonna get it anyway. It started as a music blog and grew to include movies too (I like to think that’s my influence). Always very up to date and the person I expect to know about the really great movies and bands that I would otherwise miss out on.
- Shortcake and Snap. This one has absolutely nothing to do with movies. Neha’s combined her two passions, food and photography, into one yummy blog that looks as delicious as the recipes taste. Great photos accompany top tips on how to cook and since it’s only been running a few months she gets bonus points for regular posting. I can personally vouch for the lavender cupcakes.
- Daniel’s Critical Corner. This was one of the first blogs I found when I started this whole malarkey and it is guaranteed to make me laugh. All the way from Albuquerque, Daniel has his own unique take on movie reviewing which will get you thinking about your favourite films in ways you never have before. He deserves a nomination for his picture captions alone.
- Movie Mobsters. This one is a recent discovery for me but I’m liking it more every time I go back. Countdowns, quotes, reviews and more from a team of talented writers. The page also looks great. I need an html tutorial
- Fandango Groovers. I can always rely on Andy for a comment and a debate. His blog has given me some great ideas for posts of my own as well as drawing my attention to movies I’d never heard of.
- Let’s Go to the Movies. Caz is a regualr updater who’s always on top of the news. One of my favourite features on her blog is the movie posters, always a teaser of great things to come. Her love of Gerard Butler might bias a few of the reviews, but who can blame her! Always has something I want to read and one of the first places I go.
And that’s that. If anyone actually knows anything about this “award” please fill me in. Let’s all carry on being lovely to eachother in a kind of facebook note-spam way.