A few more to live without
Over the weekend I was reminded (via one of those E4 100 greatest countdown thingys) of a few more films that were utterly disappointing. To spare you the same fate…
- Breakfast at Tiffanys. I just don’t get what part of that film is supposed to be good.
- Love Story. Yes it gaves us that iconic piece of music, but that’s it.
- The Life Aquatic. It’s like The Royal Tennenbaums, but weirder, if that’s possible.
- The Ninth Gate. A very strange film I watched late one night. I still don’t know what it’s about.
- 2001: A space Odyssey. Why? Seriously, why? There’s a big black block, a baby in the moon and a psychadelic eyeball….what?!
- Kingdom of Heaven. It just never got going.
- Austin Powers. I know people love it, but I just didn’t think it was that great, for much the same reason that I don’t like…
- …American Pie
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Ir’s a clever concept and it has its moments, but in general its not worth the time.
- Meet Joe Black. I really liked this film, right until the cop-out Hollywood ending. It sold out for an implausible happily ever after when it was almost brilliant.
They’re the ones that come immediately to mind….I’ll do a quick list of movies not to miss soon too, but I tend to want to waffle on about them for a while…it’ll probably turn int my own 1001 list. Watch this space. *It did check out the pages*
*Update* I’ve now turned this into a Page to counter the Movies to see list.